Text of Ad
HEAD OFFICE POSITION AVAILABLE: DIRECTOR OF STUDIES (Linkou, New Taipei City)
• SEST / Shane Education is currently seeking applicants for the position of Director of Studies (DoS) to join our Academic Team. The position will be based at Head Office in Linkou, New Taipei City, starting in late 2021 (start date can be flexible).
• The main responsibilities will be to maintain teaching quality by observing, training and advising teachers. The DoS is also responsible for writing and editing curriculum and course materials, and supporting DTE and franchise schools. The DoS is expected to teach when required, although this will only be as cover.
• Requirements: Must be currently based in Taiwan, or have guaranteed means of entry (valid ARC/APRC). Strong knowledge of EFL teaching methodologies and practices. CELTA/TESOL or equivalent. At least two years’ teaching experience, including at least one year with Shane. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong administrative and organizational skills. Computer literacy and competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other basic computer software applications. Previous supervisory and teacher training experience (preferred, but not essential). A passion for education and an eye for detail.
• Those who are interested but do not fully meet all of the criteria are encouraged to apply.
• To apply, please email your current CV/resume and a cover letter to [email protected] (please put ‘DoS Application: Your Name’ in the subject line). The closing date for applications is Sunday 24th October. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
SHANE ENGLISH SCHOOL TAIWAN (Taipei, Hsinchu, Taichung, Tainan)
• Shane English School Taiwan is currently hiring full-time English teachers to work at our language centre branches in Taipei (Linkou, Sanxia, Shulin, Tucheng, Xinzhuang), Hsinchu (Hsinchu City, Zhubei), Taichung (Tanzi, Xitun), and Tainan (Annan, Xinying, Yongkang) starting in October/November.
• We are an employer, not a recruiter, and welcome both new and experienced teachers.
• Shane salary and benefits include: NT$600-NT$700 per hour, performance-related salary raises every 6 months, and a NT$15,000-NT$40,000 end of contract bonus.
• Guaranteed teaching hours of 20 hours per week.
• Classes taught include: Very Young Learners, Elementary School, and Junior High School.
• Course guides, materials, and resources are provided to teach a curriculum that favours spoken English over bookwork and allows for flexibility in teaching styles.
• Complete and continuous support, both inside and outside the classroom, from school staff and Head Office.
• Work permit, ARC, and health insurance sponsorship provided.
• For further information about our language centre roles and requirements please visit the official Shane website: https://careers.shane.com.tw/
• Apply for SEST now at: https://careers.shane.com.tw/apply