Name of Institue or School
Ming Chuan MSCC
Text of Ad
Type of Classes Offered
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE
Qualifications & Application Requirements:
*Applicants must be 18 years old or older to be eligible for application. *
Documents required for application:
1) A complete application form
2) Three recent 1-inch photos
3) A copy of Passport
4) A copy of highest educational qualification (Diploma)
5) A copy of transcrip from your highest education (must be in English or in Chinese language)
6) Health Check Report (with HIV test result included) issued within the past 3 months
7) A proof of Financial Support (A minimum of USD$5,000 balance) issuded within the past 3 months or a copy of Scholarship Award Notification
8) An insurance certificate (at least 4 months validation after entering Taiwan)
Please submit application package to Mandarin Studies & Culture Center at Ming Chuan University.
No.250 Zhong-Shan N. Rd., Sec. 5, Taipei 111, Taiwan (please specifiy Mandarin Studies & Culture Center)
Tuition: (Books & materials fees NOT included)
Regular group class: NTD30,000 per quarter (180 learning hours, about 12 weeks)
One-on-one class: NTD550 per hour (20-hour minimum required each session)
＊Students shall take at least 15 hours of Mandarin courses per week to be considered official MSCC students.
＊After finishing Mandarin courses, a student can receive certification and chose to apply to undergraduate or graduate program in Ming Chuan University.
＊Teachers will take attendance for every class period according to the class rosters.
＊Students missing when roll is called will be marked absent for that hour.
＊Students who miss more than 120 hours of any classes will not have any points credited to them for that class.
＊Students with session grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for official certificate.
1. General information:
• Students are required to take 15 hours a week's Mandarin courses and sign up for every day attendance as record.
• Each semester will last for 12 weeks for total 180 learning hours. Final exam will be held at the end of each semester. Students with semester grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for certification. If the student's total attendance hours is less than 2/3 of total learning hours (120 hours), certificate & grading sheets won't be issued.
• MSCC students are required to join placement test to rearrange language levels when each semester begins.
2. Make-up classes:
• Teachers shall take responsibility to make-up classes canceled because of their personal reasons. However, there will be no make-up for those classes canceled due to teachers' official duty at MCU.
• No classes on national holidays or other holidays regulated by MCU. Such as New Year Holiday, Tomb Sweeping Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, and National Day etc. Please refer to MCU academic schedule (calendar) for more details.
4. Suspended classes:
• Classes may be suspended according to MSCC staffs' orders if there is a typhoon, earthquake or other natural disasters; there are no make-ups for these classes.
Summer Study Tour/Short Term Intensive Program
Program: Three or four-week of Summer/Winter Mandarin Studies & Culture Experience in Taiwan
Class planning: Program itinerary is adjustable upon discussion
Class Size: A minimum of 12 to15 students each group
Tuition & Fees: Subject to program itinerary
One-on-One Private Class
Class Time: Adjustable
Tuition: NT$550 per hour (20 hours minimum per session)
To apply for Mandarin program, please send your Application Form and Required Documents to the mailing address:
250 Zhong-Shan N. Rd., Sec. 5, Taipei 111, Taiwan (Please specify: Mandarin Studies & Culture Center, Ming Chuan University) or via e-mail (must submit original documents to Mandarin Center after admission)
Documents Required for Application:
Application Form (with three recent 1-inch photos)
A copy of highest educational qualification (Diploma)
A copy of Transcript from above educational institution
A copy of Passport
A proof of Financial Support (A minimum of USD$5,000 balance) issued within the past 3
months or a copy of Scholarship Award Notification
Health Check Report ( with HIV test result included) issued within the past 3 months
An insurance certificate (at least 4 months validation after entering Taiwan).
If you don’t have any insurance we will help you buy the insurance in MSCC.
All the documents listed above must be presented in Mandarin or in English.
1.Regular Group Class (4 quarters per year):
Level: Beginner, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced
Study Hours: 180 hours per quarter
Class Time: 3 hours per day, 15 hours per week, 12 weeks per quarter
Class is from 9 am to 12 pm, Monday to Friday.
Class Place: Jihe campus ( F3~8, No.130, Jihe Rd.)
Session: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Class Size: 6 to 10 students each class
Book Fees: Approximately NT$500 - NT$1,000
Class duration(yyyy/mm/dd): 2016/06/13～2016/09/02
Application Deadline: May
Type of Class: 6-10 students each
Tuition Fee: NTD30,000 per quarter session
◎Date of change will be based on national holiday
Age Level of Class
250 Zhong Shan N. Rd., Sec. 5, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Taipei City 台北市
Web Site URL
Google Map Link
The price above is ONLY for dormitory. Please apply for dormitory via email 3 months before your class start , applying on-the-spot is not acceptable.